Because the transport of different products can be a costly endeavor, it is imperative to increase productivity and cut costs wherever possible. Simcad Pro is a sophisticated simulation engine that allows users to increase efficiency, allocate resources effectively, and utilize time wisely. Through this patented software, users can improve overall efficiency of transportation needs and as a result, cut costs and save time.
Users of Simcad Pro can import historical data from external databases to create an accurate picture of the system as a whole. Also, real-time data can be generated into the model through the use of Barcodes, GPS, etc... For example, delivery vehicles can be tracked using GPS systems, including information on delivery time, what products the vehicle is holding, whether the vehicle is full or not, when it was filled, etc... This information can then be used to show where changes can be or need to be made in order to get a delivery to its destination on time.
CAD layouts of routes and stations can be imported to give precise travel distances, increasing the validity of the simulation results. Through Simcad Pro's dynamic simulation, companies can optimize their delivery routes, distribution schedules, and transportation cost, ensuring products are delivered on time while eliminating unnecessary waste. Different scenarios and changes can be implemented into the model to show how changes affect processes downstream.
Advantages and Capabilities of Simcad Pro Simulator:
- Live tracking of delivery vehicles through GPS system
- Ability to import CAD layouts to calculate distance and paths
- Determine the most cost-efficient mode(s) of transportation to use
- Create schedules to utilize resources fully
- Test different routing options in order to find the most cost-effective and quickest path
- "On-the-fly" changes show the user how each variation changes the model
- Receive alerts if something goes wrong and make changes to the model before making them in real-time to reduce cost and increase productivity
- Ability to implement different scenarios, such as traffic or bad weather, to see how the delivery will be impacted and what proactive actions can be taken to minimize lost time