Molded Fiber Glass had a modest beginning in 1948 in Ashtabula, Ohio, near the shores of Lake Erie. Robert S. Morrison, our founder, and a handful of dedicated men and women worked diligently together to mass-produce the first commercial products using polyester resins and fiberglass reinforcements. The watershed event in the composites industry took place in 1953. MFG was chosen to produce all FRP parts for the Corvette. This led to the FRP boats, which MFG commercialized in 1955. Since those early days, MFG has grown substantially, sometimes with great difficulty.